I-cat flx V17 ultra low-dose cone beam ct
(4.8 second scan TIme)
Our office uses the latest in State-of-the-Art i-CAT FLX V17 CBCT. The i-CAT FLX V17 is designed to accommodate the widest range of clinical applications to view the entire oral-facial complex. This imaging machine offers the most flexibility and image sizes for all 3D needs including Orthodontics, Orthognathics, Airway Analysis and Oral Surgery.
WHY 3D Computed Technology?
- Computerized Tomography (CT) improves upon conventional 2D radiography by producing 3D cross-sectional images from flat x-ray images.
- In general, Orthodontics have relied on 2D X-rays to assess 3D structures, however, a 3D visualization of the craniofacial skeleton provides enhancement in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Produces 3D images of teeth structure, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single scan for complex diagnostics and comparative data.
- Allows us to treat our patients with 3D Orthodontics for a superior view that supports our diagnosis and helps us effectively determine the next steps toward better and effective treatment solutions.
WHY a single scan of 3D CBCT machine is better?
- Less radiation: CBCT scanners reduce patients’ exposure to radiation by limiting it to specified areas.
- Short Scan Time: 3D CBCT scans can acquire all scan images in a single rotation.
- Image Accuracy: CBCT imaging has crisp resolution so that we can pinpoint the exact measurements for a Diagnostic Data.
- See more, treat more: A single scan of CBCT machine lets us see pathology, infections, nerves, musculature, and more, so one can properly treat dental-caused sinus issues and plan for root canals, implants and extractions with greater accuracy.
- Evaluate Bone Quality: CBCT is helpful in determining if there is sufficient bone for implant placement as well as the size and location of lesions and breaks.
How is 3D CBCT beneficial to patients?
- Quicker diagnosis and treatment plans: 3D CBCT imaging can identify pathology, infections, abnormal sinus anatomy, and joint dysfunctions for a customized treatment plan upfront.
- Minimal radiation exposure: i-CAT CBCT offers a variety of resolutions to help reduce patient exposure.
- Non-intrusive: Maximize patient comfort by eliminating the need for molds or sensors when capturing images.
- Lower cost convenience: Save our patients time and travel, by eliminating the need for third party CT scans.
- Short scan time: We can get a pan/ceph/airway analysis/models in a 4.8 second scan with i-CAT with ultra-low-dose* option.
i-CAT QuickScan and QuickScan+ protocols allow you to take complete 3D images at a radiation dose comparable to a 2D panoramic image*. The flexibility in scalable scan sizes further allows you to limit the dose to the patient.
*Utilizing the i-CAT FLX QuickScan+ exposure protocol. Use of lower dosage imaging may only be suitable for certain diagnostic tasks. Image quality is proportional to dose.
i-CAT FLX is one of the few machines that provide a seated position for scanning. Ergonomic Stability System (ESS) allows for easy, seated patient positioning, designed to minimize patient movement and avoid unnecessary retakes and additional radiation.
No Offset Scanning
With our PureScan™ technology and full-size sensor, i-CAT FLX V-Series scanners capture a 3D scan without compromising image quality. This full-beam scanning maximizes the use of the large sensor to provide more anatomical information at a higher quality compared to other smaller sensors.
Unlike the i-CAT FLX V-Series, some 3D CBCT imaging machines use a smaller sensor, which only captures half of the volume at a time requiring images to be stitched together. Offset or half-beam scanning allows a smaller sensor to shift and scan a slightly larger volume than its size, although the cost associated is the sacrifice of image quality and anatomical accuracy.
i-CAT™ Tx STUDIO TREATMENT PLANNING
Tx STUDIO™, powered by Anatomage, is an integral part of the fast i-CAT™ workflow and provides the power of multiple software systems combined into one simple-to-use solution. From orthodontics to airway, this comprehensive software offers a wide array of tools that help you plan simple or advanced cases efficiently. These treatment plans can then be shared with patients and colleagues with vivid 3D images.
The feature-rich Tx STUDIO treatment planning software offers the fastest 3D workflow, integration with digital modeling and 3D Printing.